…that link you clicked was from us
It was an experiment in Phishing Awareness
We want to help you understand the risks of Phishing against the Police. As such we sent you a mock Phishing email, unsolicited, with a dodgy link to click. The good news is it just brought you here.
If that had been a genuine phishing email it could have had some really disastrous consequences.
DON’T PANIC! WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND WE DO MAKE MISTAKES
There will be no shouting, pointing or angry emails to your Supervisor. This will help us understand our vulnerability to this type of cyber attack.
- Take 10 minutes to go through our Phishing Awareness guidance
- Make sure you know the signs
- Then reflect on the email you were sent that led you here – spot the signs
- NEVER click a link or open an attachment in an UNSOLICITED EMAIL or TEXT MESSAGE
- Have a look at some of our other advice on improving your personal cyber security
Who are SEROCU?
The South East Regional Organised Crime Unit (SEROCU) provide niche and specialist capabilities to Thames Valley Police (TVP), Hampshire Constabulary, Surrey Police and Sussex Police. Officers are drawn from all four forces and managed by TVP on their behalf.
SEROCU have a dedicated Cyber capability delivering the 4 P’s: