Accessibility statement for https://serocu.police.uk/
This accessibility statement applies to https://serocu.police.uk/
This website is run by the South-East Regional Organised Crime Unit (SEROCU). Responsibility for the accessibility compliance is with SEROCU.
We want everyone to be able to access this website and make the most of the content. If you are able to make changes on your device to suit your needs, this may assist you. The site has been created so that you can make the following adjustments on your device:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard or using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible.
- We know that the contrast of some buttons is not as strong as ideal on the default colour scheme of SEROCU
- The information on the Computer Misuse Act under the Cyber Choices pages does not work well with keyboard control – we are working to change this
- Some older PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen readers, however users can request accessible versions
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
If you can’t access something you need on this site, please tell us about it and we will get you what you need in another way:
To help us understand the problem as quickly as we can, please tell us:
- the web address or title of the page where you found the problem
- what the problem is
- what computer and software you use
Feedback and contact information
If you are in Northern Ireland and are not happy with how we respond to your complaint you can contact the Equalities Commission for Northern Ireland who are responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’) in Northern Ireland.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
SEROCU is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
- The Cyber Champions Lesson Plan does not currently have subtitles on the video game. These have been generated and are in the process of being aligned to the recorded segments
PDFs and other documents
- PDFs may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. We are in the process of replacing or fixing any PDF and Word documents which are essential to our services, however users can request accessible versions.
- Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Path to Improvement
We are investigating fixing the issues and timelines to achieve these.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested using:
- automated testing – the quickest way to catch 20% to 50% of potential issues
- manual testing – using assistive technology tools to test the website with a social focus on areas with known problems
- user testing – asking users with accessibility needs to test the website, and learning from their feedback
We continually monitor and test the accessibility of our site and have made fixing and improving the accessibility of the site part of our daily work.
Preparation of this accessibility Statement
This statement was prepared on 23 September 2020.